Sunday, July 17, 2011

Oscillations

Time is relative. I wonder if I actually make that tiny bit of difference everyday at work, because I want it to mean something more that just a file. Personal/Job satisfaction. Then I catch myself thinking of work after-hours. A really dirty habit, one that I have to constantly be on my guard for. But then again, it does help when brainstorming with someone else.

Things are happening in this country. The undercurrent is rising. What that will bring will reveal itself in the near future.

I just realised that most people will try to take advantage of you if they can. I find that quite disgusting, especially when it's someone higher up in the food-chain. After all, aren't those types of people, now in a position to help people like me?? Instead they work their insidious ways to squeeze more out of people. For free. No wonder the rich stay rich. They have gotten so used to lining their own pockets that it actually (physically) hurts to have to pay when asked to. But I believe that there will be an equitable conclusion. There always is.

I may have to re-assess the way work is done. New outlines may have to drawn up. This all has to be streamlined and enable my workload to flow smoother. I need to delegate more. Don't we all. No man is an island, indeed.

Many of us go through the days without actually realising what is important to us. What makes us want to wake and and start the day. And act on this. Perhaps all we can do most times is to live in the moment. Food for thought.

It's nice and peaceful tonight. It was a beautiful evening, with a glorious swirl of colours lighting up the evening sky. It reminded me of my school days when I used to while away the evenings, waiting for my TV shows to start. The crickets are a welcome background ambient. It reminds me that it's quiet, in a weird sort of way. Yesterday was nice too. Spending it with friends, and just getting away. Wonderful Saturday, thanks to my friends.

Secondary school was when I started to learn to be independent. It really sucked. And I felt alone. Part and parcel of such 'liberty'. Now it's like a shadow; always there but noticeable only when I really focus.

The fasting month is less than 2 weeks away. That will mean a change of routine for me. Just like the rest of us, it means going back that bit earlier, foraging for buka and sahur meals, among others.

What shall I do tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment