Monday, March 1, 2010

20/20

I had a long weekend. It was a good weekend. Caught up with a couple of friends; didn't do much but it was good. Growing up how I did, and coming back to work here, there aren't too many old buddies nearby. So its always good to get a little R&R with a little cherry on top.

I learned that some people reflect on their life periodically, contemplating the mistakes and life choices they made. But if it was any other way, they wouldn't be where they are right now. Ain't that the truth. It got me thinking and it got a little jumbled up. Needed to clear my mind so I went running. The new shoes were nice and comfy.

I went back to certain events in my University days. It was a new chapter in my life; and not just because of school. There were other (complicated) matters that were finally presented to me. And it was the first time I had to deal with such things, and no-one to advise me what to do, or how to go about it.

Yes, those are the events that (partly) shaped me; all I can do is take something good from the whole experience. I responded to the situations the best I could at the time, and I think that's really what everyone should keep in mind at all times. Funnily enough, it did occur to me that in the beginning, being scared or timid did have its drawbacks. Fear is indeed a massive obstacle that lurks around insidiously, among the shadows.

And my life back then only developed further when I took chances. The outcome was just a by-product; the fact of the matter was that the really important milestones were precipitated with me making a decision to actually do something. No pussyfooting. Take the fear, and enjoy the ride. Keep that in mind, kid.

Like old Blue Eyes sang,
regrets, I've had a few...
but the trick is to not sit in silence at the end of the day regretting what you should have done. That's why its good to take a leap of faith every now and then. Do something new and scary every day. Maybe...

No comments:

Post a Comment