Saturday, November 29, 2014

Twirl: swirls and curls of dairy milk chocolate

Whoa...


It's been more than a year... how time flies. Getting caught up in this ratrace of work and endless KPI crap. Work is getting so frantic and everything seems to be urgent now. I can't seem to enjoy my weekends anymore either, but I'm acclimatising. I guess it's like the saying goes: "Welcome to the suck." The trick is to enjoy the situation you are in. Regardless of the crap that's being flung at you. Takes a constant effort. 

The new gimmick that entertains now is Comixology. Buy comics online and cloud it. It's cheaper and obviously saves cupboard space. I've bought a few comic series which were too expensive to buy when they first came out in the 90s. It's a wonder that they still sell them. Then again, I see that Marvel is only now bringing the 90s storylines to the cinema. It's our time now. Fuck yeah. 

Television is getting mediocre nowadays. It's like these people don't even try anymore. I remember a time when you would look forward to the Friday/Saturday/Sunday movies. Radio too. The song mixes now are just tasteless. Where's the good R&B now? Where did it go? I buy more iTunes music. Jeeez am I turning into a consumer-junkie? 

Selfies. Taking pictures of your food with filters. Ostentious. Social media is being abused. This is not what technology should be about. It should make life easier for us. Even this instant text-messaging apps now; you text whenever you want. Even during conversations with real people? C'mon...

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." 
                                                     -Mahatma Ghandi.

Word. 



No comments:

Post a Comment