Sunday, July 29, 2012

Next time

When you feel that someone has does wrong by you, what do you do?  Emotions almost always tend to get the better of us. How many times have we flown off the handle because we were enraged or just so infuriated that we damn the consequences? It's amazing how your mind just switches off when you're angry. Maybe that's why we are told that when we are about to go ballistic, don't mail the letter. Keep it for a few days, then review. Heh...

Is it really better to forgive and move on, or just write that person off as yet another idiot we have to move past? It really depends, I guess. Sometimes I look back at some of the not-so-nice things that I have experienced with others. Perhaps the thing to keep foremost in my mind is this: Is it worth it? 

This month of Ramadhan may be the reason for this sudden abrupt pondering. Memories of things oh-not-so-long-ago, of better times with persons I used to be familiar with, etc. Maybe this is an opportunity to try something different. 

It really is unrealistic and unreasonable for me to expect that people shouldn't make such mistakes. Because that's what people do. And I can't reconcile with this fact. Maybe that's what makes it even more difficult; the need for some logic. I should just drop the logic then. Round and round the mulberry bush we go... Maybe it's the constant struggle of not expecting much of people. Then again, wouldn't this make you feel superior to others?

This is crazy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment