Tuesday, May 1, 2012

This Little Light of Mine


Losing control. The very thought brings out the worst in us. 

Whether in your personal life or work, its never easy to come to terms with. It plagues your mind and fogs your thoughts until it envelopes the host. 

The fear of the uncertainty and helplessness. Damn that's alot of S's. heh... Sometimes, all you can do is to just say fuck it, and move forward. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. Having a plan would be re-assuring, although it's not always that simple, and planning for contingencies is exhausting as well. 

Or turn your mind to happier things. 

There's this old chinese lady near my office. She looks in her 70's perhaps. She has short white hair, and wears brown-rimmed spectacles. A little over 1.5m tall, she wears a dress. And her cute little shoes. Though her dress has faded oh-so long ago, you can see she still wears it comfortably. It reaches until her shins. 

She worked at a photocopy place but now I don't see her there. Another person has taken over. But I did see her once going up the shophouse staircase, umbrella in one hand and a small plastic bag in the other. 

I'm curious as to what her story is. How she got to where she is now. Whether she's ok. I spoke to her once when I needed something copied years ago. She had this very dainty voice, and she sounded how she looked; nice and quaint. I don't mean to be patronising. She really does embody how a nice old aunty is. I'm sure we've all met one. 

I wonder how she looks after herself, whether she has anyone to look out for her, and whether she is financially secure. She appears to be alone, living in that shophouse's 1st floor, but I may be wrong. I hope I'm mistaken. 


No comments:

Post a Comment