Sunday, March 13, 2011

The persistence of resistance

It's been quite a while since I've logged on. Internet solutions abound, I have finally found an alternative to the slow-ass broadband ISP I subscribed to initially. But I still ache for an un-capped quota! Corporations really do make loads on restrictions...sigh...the irony.

Looking at the way technology is pacing itself, it's hard to buy something now without it being upgraded before the next fiscal year. So to quote Nazrul, don't think- just buy. It was good to finally meet up with him the other day. Like old times, we could pick up where we left off. I'm glad he's in a much better place now, with work and personal stuff sorted out. Now it's just about sorting out the finer details. We still get into a lot of trouble. For legal reasons, I shall not get into it. I miss my secondary school days. And friends.

The past 2 months have been quite busy, what with preparations for the capital offence cases. My method is different from other (senior) lawyers who do this day-in and day-out. And have had an entire lifetime of experience. Preparation takes time, plotting out what to do requires foresight. And that is why it is always good to have someone's ear. Someone who is hopefully more knowledgeable than you, and actually takes the time to listen to you.

Being given the treatment while doing your work is a work-hazard, but you just have to soldier on. After all, trials and tribulations right...And you should never, ever antagonise the Judge...heh

I was up against not 1 but a battery of people in that drug-trafficking case..it was like the other side had legal assistance everyday, all the way through...and me sitting by myself. But it was a satisfying conclusion. Court-appointed capital offence cases are thankless jobs. But then again, alot of such work is of similar nature.

Another case got resolved for undisclosed reasons (though I have a pretty good guess why), so I and the other lawyer were discharged. But I should check-up in that other case, to see if they have applied for legal aid.

All my other cases are coming to their natural conclusions, so it's still quite a hectic season, preparing Submissions and research. But you must find the time for life's pleasures as well, no? Work ought not consume you. It cannot be allowed to take charge and dictate how you live.

Del & Oaks came down today, so that was quite fun. Lovely afternoon/evening. Nice to have company for dinner. Now you could take a leaf out of their book for how to live life.

When I get my Sikorsky S-76C, I shall fly them to JB and back anytime. Heh


No comments:

Post a Comment